Make plans to join us for this Sunday service!
9:00a-9:50a – Family Fellowship Coffee Corner time in the Commons Area. Come early to have coffee, food and visit with others.
10:00a – Service Time.
Pastor Jared will be sharing the message this Sunday.
The nursery will be open this Sunday.
No Kids Church during the month of August.
Adult classes are taking a break during the Summer months. They will resume again on September 18 at 11:00a.
Brent – Men’s Group – Topics vary each week.
Lyra – Women’s Group studying “To Be Told” by Dan B Allender, PhD.
Kris – Parenting class studying the book “How Children Raise Parents” by Dan B Allender, PhD.
Bruce and Kasey – “Prodigal God” by Tim Keller. This is open to everyone.
No Wednesday Night Activities until September 21, 2016.
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- September 11 – Homecoming Sunday and meal. This will be the last Sunday of our 10:00a starting time. Following the service, there will be a potluck meal. Bring a dish to share. If your last name starts with A-L bring a main dish, M-Z bring a dessert.
- September 14 – All families are encouraged to meet at Papa’s Pumpkin Patch from 5:00p to 8:00p. Pizza will be served at 5:30p. Tickets will be available on Sunday to buy at the information desk. Price is $5.00 per person.
- September 18 – Two service times begin 9:15a and 11:00a. Adult classes will also starts that day at 11:00a (see list above).
- September 21 – Wednesday night meal and activities for children will begin at 5:30p and 6:00p.
- Check out the online giving page with instructional video
Opportunities for Service:
- Be sure to sign up for K groups or call the church office to let us know you are interested. Groups will be put together to share a meal, share prayer needs and have a brief discussion of a Biblical content. Day and place can be decided in the group. This is a fun and excellent way to develop friendships that can encourage us to grow and share together. I highly recommend joining one!
- Volunteer needed – BCC is looking for a volunteer to write a bio of all the consistory members to put on our web page. Contact Jared if you are interested in doing this, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday morning prayer time is after the service in the FLC in the northwest corner. If you need prayer, feel free to come, there will be someone there to pray with you.
- Be a greeter! Volunteer to be a greeter. Call the church office if you are interested – 223-3304.
- Join the BCC Media Team. Contact Dennis.
- Volunteer a Sunday in Children’s Ministry. Contact Ashlee.
- Donate Items for Freedom Fellowship Take Home Bags. Food Pantry Items and Financial support.
- Freedom Fellowship Volunteer. Second Sunday of the month travel down to McLaughlin, SD. Contact Marcia at 859-893-4517 if you would like more information or would like to help.
- Welcome House Volunteer – Interested in volunteering or donating items. Right now they are in need of cleaning supplies, paper towels, detergent and canned goods. Check out their website for an updated needs list, they urgently need our support because two federal grants have been cut this year. For more information, contact Troy.
- The Jemo Health Fund – Help provide better health through nutrition and ongoing medical care for our Jemo sponsor kids. To contribute Click Here
- Buy Coffee Online. Support Jemo. Coffee can also be purchased at Bismarck Community Church at our Missions Table. Click Here.
- Pray for members who are ill or recovering from surgery. Pray for the shut-ins who are unable to attend church. Consider visiting them, they would love company.
- Pray for the Jemo community in Ethiopia. WATCH this video of Misikir (Hope Chest Communications Manager at Jemo).
- Please pray for the staff at Bismarck Community Church.
- Please pray for Welcome House as they meet the needs of homeless families in this community.
- Please pray for Jeannette Myhre Elementary. Pray for the administration, students, teachers and parents.
- Please pray for the community surrounding Freedom Fellowship in McLaughlin, SD. Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit would renew that community fully.
- Please keep all BCC missionaries in your prayers – The Klein’s, The Schmeichel’s, and the staff at Jemo. Read Ron’s recent news here.
If you have any announcements, prayer/praise requests, or opportunities for service you would like published in this weekly email, please notify us at BCC@Bismarckcc.org by noon each Tuesday.