Join us for Sunday service on May 1st at 9:15a and 11:00a!
9:15a – First service begins.
10:15a-10:45a Coffee Corner (stay and greet one another and enjoy a cup of coffee). Coffee Corner has now moved to the Commons Area.
11:00a – Second service begins.
Pastor Jared will be sharing the message this Sunday.
The nursery will be open and staffed.
Kids Church during the first service is for ages 3 to Kindergarten. They will be dismissed during the first service.
Kids Church during the entire second service is for ages 3 to 5th grade. Kids will need to be checked in at the Kids Sign Up desk at 10:45a.
Adult classes that are offered Sunday morning at 11:00a.
1) Bruce and Kasey – “Far As the Curse is Found” – Explore the themes of redemption found in the Bible. Learn just how far God goes to eradicate sin and death in our world. Meet in the Conference Room.
2) Brent – Men meet to discuss issues in our world and how Biblical men should interact faithfully with the world we live in – meet in Room 102 (downstairs).
3) Lyra – Women of the Word by Jen Wilken – Learn how to read and understand the word of God and connect with other women in community. Meet in the Ignition Room (downstairs).
May 4th Wednesday Night Activities – Last Wednesday Night Activities until September.
Meal begins at 5:30p. The meal for this Wednesday, May 4 is pizza and ice cream.
6:00p – Activities for kids age 3 years to 5th grade
6:00p – Activities for Students 6th grade to 12th grade
6:00p – Small groups for adults
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- May 4 – Last night for the Wednesday night activities at BCC.
- May 9 – Fundraiser at Panera Bread between 4:00 – 8:00p. Get a flyer at BCC (available May 1st and 8th) and bring it with so that a portion of your purchase will be donated to BCC. Must have the flyer in order to qualify.
- May 15 – Congregational Meeting to discuss the budget for the next fiscal year will be held at 10:15 (between the services). Please make plans to attend this important meeting. Your presence is important.
- May 20 – Keenagers potluck at 6:00p in the Commons Area. Contact Dennis if you need more information 226-4507.
- June 5 – First Sunday of our combined service at 10:00a. This is the our Summer Service Time and we will only have one service. We will also have a meal following the service that day. Watch for more details.
- June 5 – Concert by Mark Kroos at 7:00p in the Family Life Center. He is a great guitarist and is know for playing the double neck guitar. Check him out at www.markkroos.com. Tickets will be for sale soon.
- Check out the online giving page with instructional video
Opportunities for Service:
- Volunteer needed – BCC is looking for a volunteer to write a bio of all the consistory members to put on our web page. Contact Jared if you are interested in doing this, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeannette Meyhre Elementary School is looking for 10 chaperons for a field trip on Thursday, May 5th. Call the church office if you are interested.
- Volunteers are needed to help in the Children’s Ministry on Sunday morning during the second service and also Wednesday night. All the lesson plans and activities are prepared by Ashlee. Contact Ashlee if you would like to help, email@example.com.
- Sunday morning prayer time is after the first and second service in the FLC in the northwest corner. If you need prayer, feel free to come, there will be someone there to pray with you.
- Be a greeter! Volunteer to be a greeter.
- Join the BCC Media Team. Contact Dennis.
- Volunteer a Sunday in Children’s Ministry. Contact Ashlee.
- Donate Items for Freedom Fellowship Take Home Bags. Food Pantry Items and Financial support.
- Freedom Fellowship Volunteer. Second Sunday of the month travel down to McLaughlin, SD. Contact Marcia at 859-893-4517 if you would like more information or would like to help.
- Welcome House Volunteer – Interested in volunteering or donating items. Right now they are in need of cleaning supplies, paper towels, detergent and canned goods. Check out their website for an updated needs list. For more information, contact Troy.
- The Jemo Health Fund – Help provide better health through nutrition and ongoing medical care for our Jemo sponsor kids. To contribute Click Here
- Buy Coffee Online. Support Jemo. Coffee can also be purchased at Bismarck Community Church at our Missions Table. Click Here.
- Thank you note from Patty – Please pass on my gratitude to those who have been faithfully giving and praying month by month. Because of them I was able to invest once again in the country of China and South Korea in January. Also we will have a new crew of students arriving in Texas on Easter weekend for our next English School.
- Pray for members who are ill or recovering from surgery. Pray for the shut-ins who are unable to attend church. Consider visiting them, they would love company.
- Pray for the Jemo community in Ethiopia. WATCH this video of Misikir (Hope Chest Communications Manager at Jemo).
- Please pray for the staff at Bismarck Community Church.
- Please pray for Welcome House as they meet the needs of homeless families in this community.
- Please pray for Jeannette Myhre Elementary. Pray for the administration, students, teachers and parents.
- Please pray for the community surrounding Freedom Fellowship in McLaughlin, SD. Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit would renew that community fully.
- Please keep all BCC missionaries in your prayers – Patty, The Klein’s, The Schmeichel’s, and the staff at Jemo.
If you have any announcements, prayer/praise requests, or opportunities for service you would like published in this weekly email, please notify us at BCC@Bismarckcc.org by noon each Tuesday.