Join us this Sunday (12/21) for Church Services at 9:15a or 11:00a!
Children’s Christmas Program is this Sunday, December 21 at 11:00 during the second service only.
- 9:00a – Nursery and 3 yrs – K Sunday School Begins
- 9:15a – First Service Begins
- 10:15a – 10:45a – Coffee Corner (stay and greet one another and enjoy a cup of coffee)
- 10:45a – 3 yrs – 5th Grade Sunday School Begins
- 11:00a – Second Service Begins
- This Sunday Pastor Jared will be sharing the message.
- The nursery will be staffed during the services.
Wednesday programs 12/17:
- 5:30p Wednesday evening dinner is served.
- 6:00p Programs begin for everyone.
- 8:00p Dismissal time.
Menu for Wednesday meals:
- December 17 – Meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- Check out the online giving page with instructional video
- December 19 – Gift wrapping at Jeannette Myhre school. Meet there at 9:30a to set up and the gift wrapping starts at 11:30a.
- December 19 – Keenagers meet at 6:00p for potluck and caroling.
- December 19 – Parents Night Out. Students will watch your children as a fund raiser from 5:30 – 9:00p. Contact Kris for more info. See below for more details.
- December 21 – Children’s Christmas Program during the second service. Invite family and friends to attend.
- December 24 – Candlelight Service at 6:00p. Invite family and friends for a time in which we celebrate Christ’s birth.
Women’s Small Groups for you to attend! The Shelter of God’s Promises by Sheila Walsh – Monday evenings 7:00p – 8:30p at Ashlee’s home. Contact Ashlee.
BCC 20/30: 20/30 something’s will meet 1st Saturday every month. Contact Kris for more information.
Opportunities for Service:
- BCC is collecting Christmas Baskets for Freedom Fellowship. The baskets consisted of boxes of stuffing and mashed potatoes, canned gravy, 2 cans of veggies, a can of cranberries, a can of fruit, and a box or bag of cookies. And maybe a can opener. Place all the the items in a tinfoil roaster. Also include a Christmas card with a note of blessing. If you could also include a $10 donation to cover the cost of a turkey, that would be great. Bring them to the church by December 21st .
- We are looking for volunteers to help out at the Jeannette Myhre quarter sale on Friday, December 19th. This involves wrapping gifts for the children to take home to their families after they have purchased items for a quarter. This is really a great way to connect with the kids and teachers in that school. It is fun to see the faces of the excited kids as they get their gifts wrapped. For more details, please message Pam Van Beek, text 701-400-2466 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents Night Out – Friday, December 19th from 5:30 – 9:00p. Bring your children, ages 1 year to 5th grade to the church where they will be treated to a pizza dinner, music, crafts, games and a Christmas movie. Cost is $20 per child or max $50 per family. This is a fund raiser for students. So get your errands done child free and support the students. The registration forms are at the Info desk. Turn in to the office by Weds, Dec. 17th with the suggested donation amount in an envelope.
- BCC would also like to show support to the Myhre staff by providing them with baked goodies or treats during the quarter sale. If you would like to bake something for them, contact Pan Van Beek text 701-400-2466 or email@example.com. Bring them to the church by 3:00p on Thursday, December 18th.
- We have a single young mother who just gave birth to a baby and also has six other young children. She is in need financially and would greatly appreciate meals. She has been attending BCC and has brought all her children here. We know that is no small task. She also attends school at UTTC. If you would like to help her out, please contact Lyra at 595-6076 for a meal schedule and other ways to help.
- Welcome House is reopening and they have an urgent needs list of items they need. Check out the information desk for a list of items and when and where to drop them off.
- We are looking for a coordinator to facilitate a prayer time on Sundays between 9:15a – 12:00p in the conference room. A prayer guide and devotional materials will be available. Contact Pastor Jared if you are interested.
- Join the BCC Media Team. Contact Dennis.
- Volunteer a Sunday in Children’s Ministry. Contact Ashlee.
- Donate Items for Freedom Fellowship Take Home Bags. Food Pantry Items, Blankets and Financial support. Contact Korri.
- Freedom Fellowship Volunteer. Second Sunday of the month travel down to McLaughlin, SD. Contact Korri
- Welcome House Volunteer - Interested in volunteering, contact Marie. Call 391-4205 or Contact Marie
- The Jemo Health Fund - Help provide better health through nutrition and ongoing medical care for our Jemo sponsor kids. To contribute Click Here
- Buy Coffee Online. Support Jemo. Click Here.
- Prayer of praise for healing for members of our church.
- Pray for the shut-ins who are unable to attend church. Consider visiting them, they would love company.
- Pray for students and teachers, that this school year would be great for all.
- Pray for the Jemo community in Ethiopia. WATCH this video of Misikir (Hope Chest Communications Manager at Jemo).
- Please pray for the staff at Bismarck Community Church.
- Please pray for Welcome House as they meet the needs of homeless families in this community.
- Please pray for Jeannette Myhre Elementary. Pray for the administration, students, teachers and parents.
- Please pray for the community surrounding Freedom Fellowship in McLaughlin, SD. Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit would renew that community fully.
- Please keep all BCC missionaries in your prayers – Patty, The Klein’s, The Schmeichel’s, and the staff at Jemo.
If you have any announcements, prayer/praise requests, or opportunities for service you would like published in this weekly email, please notify us at BCC@Bismarckcc.org by noon each Tuesday.