Join us this Sunday (02/07) at 9:15a or 11:00a
9:15a – First service begins.
10:15a – 10:45a Coffee Corner (stay and greet one another and enjoy a cup of coffee).
11:00a – Second service begins.
Pastor Jared Lee will be sharing the message this Sunday.
The nursery will be open and staffed during both services.
Kids Church for ages 3 to Kindergarten will be dismissed during the first service. During the second service, kids ages 3 to 5th grade will have Kids Church during the entire hour. Sign up your kids at the Kids Sign Up Table (information desk).
Please check the lost and found items in the coat room in the clear tub. Some of these items could belong to you!?! The items not claimed will be donated.
Adult classes that are offered Sunday morning at 11:00a.
1) Bruce and Kasey – “Far As the Curse is Found” – Explore the themes of redemption found in the Bible. Learn just how far God goes to eradicate sin and death in our world. Meet in the Conference Room.
2) Brent – Men meet to discuss issues in our world and how Biblical men should interact faithfully with the world we live in – meet in Room 102 (downstairs).
3) Lyra – Women of the Word by Jen Wilken – Learn how to read and understand the word of God and connect with other women in community. Meet in the Ignition Room (downstairs).
4) Troy and Kris – Poverty Cure – the Jemo Team and anyone who would like to join them will be studying the issues of poverty, human dignity and cross cultural missions. Meets in the Commons Area.
No Wednesday Night Church Activities this week – JOIN US FOR THE ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICE AT 6:30.
Meal begins at 5:30p. The meal for this Wednesday is – NO MEAL WILL BE SERVED THIS WEEK
6:00p – Activities for kids age 3 years to 5th grade – NO ACTIVITIES THIS WEEK
6:00p – Activities for Students 6th grade to 12th grade – NO ACTIVITIES THIS WEEK
6:00p – Small groups for adults – NO SMALL GROUPS THIS WEEK
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
- February 10 – Ash Wednesday service at 6:30. No meal served or children, student and adult activities that night.
- February 17 – Community night for everyone at the Jaycee Centennial Park, 321 East Century Ave, at 6:30. We will be skating or sledding there so bring you sled and skates. If there is no snow and it’s too warm, then this event will be cancelled. No activities or meal at the church this night.
- February 19 – Keenagers Potluck at 6:00p in the Commons Area.
- February 19 thru 20 – Men’s Retreat at Cross Ranch. Dinner and breakfast will be served. All will car pool to Cross Ranch. Space is limited. Contact Don Asheim if you are interested in going. Retreat will end approx. at 2:00p on Saturday.
- February 25 – 27 – Church clean up days. Hours are 9:00a to 8:00p on Thursday and Friday, 9:00a to 5:00p on Saturday. Come and stay as long as you can to do special cleaning and other projects. Task sheets will be in the Commons Area along with the cleaning supplies.
- February 28 – Communion will be served.
- March 6 – Fund Raiser for Rick Nyhusmoen from 4:00p – 7:00p to help cover his medical expenses. There will also be a bake sale.
- March 27 – Easter Egg Hunt, Brunch and Easter service. Hunt starts at 10:00 and 10:30. Brunch is from 10:00 – 10:45. Easter service is at 11:00. Invite family and friends to join you.
- April 1 – “Brennan” film in the Family Life Center. Brennan Manning is the man behind the book “The Ragamuffin Gospel”. Tickets will be available soon. Price of tickets will be $15.00. This is a fund raiser for Jemo trip.
- April 23 – Jemo Banquet. More information on this later.
- Check out the online giving page with instructional video
Opportunities for Service:
- Volunteer needed – BCC is looking for a volunteer to write a bio of all the consistory members to put on our web page. Contact Jared if you are firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are needed to help in the Children’s Ministry on Sunday morning during the second service and also Wednesday night. All the lesson plans and activities are prepared by Ashlee. Contact Ashlee if you would like to help, email@example.com.
- BCC acknowledges the generous gift of I-Pads to the sound room and worship teams. (The I-Pads are used to replace paper sheets of music.) This gift, from Dan B, was made possible with Wanda’s memorial funds. Wanda was an original and long time member of the worship team at BCC. Thanks Dan.
- BCC will be preparing for a Easter Egg Hunt. We are looking for donations of candy that are bite sized and wrapped to fit in a plastic egg. We have enough plastic eggs. Bring the candy to the church and drop off in the basket.
- Sunday morning prayer time is after the first and second service in the FLC in the northwest corner. If you need prayer, feel free to come, there will be someone there to pray with you.
- Be a greeter! Volunteer to be a greeter.
- Join the BCC Media Team. Contact Dennis.
- Volunteer a Sunday in Children’s Ministry. Contact Ashlee.
- Donate Items for Freedom Fellowship Take Home Bags. Food Pantry Items and Financial support. Contact Korri.
- Freedom Fellowship Volunteer. Second Sunday of the month travel down to McLaughlin, SD. Contact Korri
- Welcome House Volunteer – Interested in volunteering or donating items. Right now they are in need of cleaning supplies, paper towels, detergent and canned goods. Check out their website for an updated needs list. For more information, contact Troy.
- The Jemo Health Fund – Help provide better health through nutrition and ongoing medical care for our Jemo sponsor kids. To contribute Click Here
- Buy Coffee Online. Support Jemo. Click Here.
- Pray for members who are ill or recovering from surgery. Pray for the shut-ins who are unable to attend church. Consider visiting them, they would love company.
- Pray for the Jemo community in Ethiopia. WATCH this video of Misikir (Hope Chest Communications Manager at Jemo).
- Please pray for the staff at Bismarck Community Church.
- Please pray for Welcome House as they meet the needs of homeless families in this community.
- Please pray for Jeannette Myhre Elementary. Pray for the administration, students, teachers and parents.
- Please pray for the community surrounding Freedom Fellowship in McLaughlin, SD. Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit would renew that community fully.
- Please keep all BCC missionaries in your prayers – Patty, The Klein’s, The Schmeichel’s, and the staff at Jemo.
If you have any announcements, prayer/praise requests, or opportunities for service you would like published in this weekly email, please notify us at BCC@Bismarckcc.org by noon each Tuesday.